NFL Draft 2022

• NFL Draft 2022

Posted by Austin-NLG on May 7, 2022 at 10:58 am

Now that the NFL draft is behind us and we get to see who’s cards we will be chasing in next years products. It will be interesting to see how the price points of breaks and boxes will play out. There was only 1 QB drafted, Pittsburg’s Kenny Pickett, in the first round. Historically, the chase is usually the big name QB’s, Joe Burrow, Justin Herbert, Mac Jones, etc. This year the first round mainly consisted of WRs (6), OL (9), and defensive players (16). While most teams draft for need, especially in the first 3 rounds, I think this is showing us that the needs/demand for certain positions is taking a turn. Offensive and defensive lineman has always been of high value in the draft. It was once the running back position to steal the show on draft day and now there is usually only 1 or 2 taken in the first round if any. The wide receiver position is coming to the forefront after some massive contracts/trades for WR1s. Tyreek Hill’s $30M AAV is going to be setting the stage for massive contracts for WR1s and WRs in general. It set the stage for AJ Brown’s $25M contract. We also can’t forget the first WR this year to make a huge splash with Davante Adams going to Las Vegas on a 5 year $140M deal. I wonder if some of the emphasis in the hobby will shift slightly, at least for this draft class, to the 6 wide receivers taken in the 1st round. There were only 4 QBs selected in the 1st three rounds. Pickett in round 1 and then Ridder, Willis and Corral (in that order) were drafted in the 3rd round. How much buzz are these QBs going to make in next years products?

D-Money replied 1 year, 7 months ago 5 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • YeahMan

August 25, 2022 at 11:44 am

Being a Steelers collector, this is going to be an expensive yr for me chasing Pickett and Pickens.

• D-Money

Organizer
      August 25, 2022 at 4:08 pm

Who is Pickens! Who is Pickett? Are they football players?

• austin

August 26, 2022 at 9:12 pm

Both of those guys could be studs!!! Best of luck this year!

• D-Money

Organizer
        August 26, 2022 at 9:18 pm
  • Joey_Jones

August 27, 2022 at 1:29 am

Reality of the draft class should hopefully correct the over profit gouging that the distributors have placed on the hobby. The focus of chasing your favorite players and home team, has been taken over by the chase of the fast flip for a dollar. I will continue to collect players from my favorite teams and hopefully see some relief of the hobby box prices. This next year draft can be a toss up, we should see some potential studs come out of the SEC, but with transfer portal, any team could potentially produce a first rounder.

• D-Money

Organizer
      August 27, 2022 at 3:07 pm

I think that colleges especially will be building some super teams now with NIL. Deion Sanders was on ESPN and was saying how he cant compete with the big schools because now they have people throwing $$ at these kids and they are going to whoever throws the most $$ and not what school is best for me.

engage

Get the coolest tips and tricks today

This ebook will change everything you ever thought about relationships and attachment. Find the secret to connecting better and faster